Creation of bionet.neuroscience FAQ

matt spitzer mwspitze at uci.edu
Thu Nov 10 21:29:56 EST 1994

Largely in response to the developing flame war over discussions in
bionet.neuroscience, I have proposed that we create a FAQ (list of answers
to frequently asked questions).  A FAQ that contained a.) orienting remarks
about the purpose of this newsgroup and b.) references to more appropriate
sources of information for basic questions would go a long way to easing
tensions between crusty old "serious neuroscientists" and clueless newbies.
If a FAQ already exists, I suggest we drag it out of the closet and post it
from time to time.  Any comments?