discussion on the neuroscience news group

Dick Burger burger at sphinx.ece.wisc.edu
Sat Nov 12 12:42:10 EST 1994

In article <39u4tl$9a at onramp.arc.nasa.gov> brp at recon.arc.nasa.gov (Bruce Raoul Parnas) writes:
>Teachers are supposed to teach people how to learn. They're not supposed, IMO,
>to be walking sources of citations. Discussions of neuroscience teach. Requests
>for hand holding through a literature search don't teach very much.

OK, fine, don't respond to requests for citations then.  If somebody else
wants to respond, it will likely be of interest to the original poster as well
as many other people.
If this group were swamped by hundreds of knucklehead posts everyday, you might
have a point.   But I can't believe the arrogance of people getting bent out
of shape over the occasional naive request for info.  Just ignore it, why
create an intimidating, unfriendly environment?

dB

ps.  I just have a personal, casual interest in neuroscience, enjoy learning
a bit from the posts.