HELP needed

John Anderson in Anderson Lab anderson at CSHL.ORG
Tue Nov 15 14:23:17 EST 1994

>   i need to compile, in table form ideally, descriptions of the various
>   cell types found in the cerebral cortex. i need to know things like
>   refractory periods, length and thickness of axonal/dendritic
>   projections, summation periods, firing rates. also, the "background"
>   firing rates which i understand go on all the time in certain cells
>   regardless of incoming signals. it is the numbers that i need.

Three books you should look at are

CORTICONICS: NEURAL CIRCUITS OF THE CEREBRAL CORTEX
by Moshe Abeles
Cambridge Univ Press
1991
ISBN 0-521-37617-3 (pbk)

ANATOMY OF THE CORTEX
by V Braitenberg and A Schuez
Springer-Verlag
1991
ISBN 0-540-53233-1

THE COMPUTATIONAL BRAIN
by PS Churchland and TJ Sejnowski
MIT Press
1992
ISBN 0-262-03188-4

They won't have everything you want, but are worth checking out.

Good luck

John

PS If you come up with the table you are looking for, please post it,
because I'm sure others will find it useful.