DA and 5-HT

Jason Becker jdbecker at acs.ucalgary.ca
Tue Nov 15 10:50:31 EST 1994

In article <00987788.4F480FC0 at SHSU.edu>, stdjbr01 at SHSU.edu wrote:

> Just fishing for some assistance on my MA thesis. Does anyone have any info
> on serotonin and dopamine-sub-1 interaction? I've found some info from
> psychlit but little that is helpful. If it matters I'm using the transport
> response in rats as a measure.--Johnny Russell Sam Houston State U.

Try using the search term "heteroreceptor(s)" in Medline. Here's one
reference that may get the ball rolling:

Arbilla et al. (1986). Activation of D1 dopamine receptors inhibits the
evoked release of [3H]-serotonin in the rat substantia nigra. British
Journal of Pharmacology, 89(Suppl): 793P.

Hope this helps!

JB