EEG and human orgasm

Bill Skaggs bill at nsma.arizona.edu
Sun Nov 20 17:41:08 EST 1994

MfZ at contrib.de (Museum fuer Zukunft) writes:

   > I try to find literature which report experiments in which the
   > brainwaves during human orgasms are recorded with an EEG-meter.

One of the most fascinating papers I have ever read is "Pleasure and
brain activity in man: deep and surface electroencephalograms during
orgasm", by R. G. Heath, J Nervous and Mental Disease 154:3-17
(1972).  More recent studies exist, of course, but surprisingly few of
them, and they aren't nearly as interesting.  This is a topic that has
drawn very little attention relative to its importance.

	-- Bill