Homeostatic systems

Karl Meissner meissner at space.bu.edu
Sun Nov 20 15:57:41 EST 1994

I just read _Descartes' Error_ by Antonio Damasio and it has
an interesting analysis on the role of emotion in cognition and
decision making and its place in the ventromedial
prefrontal cortex.  Damasio relates emotion to somatic changes in
the body.  I would like to follow this speculation up.

Does anyone have good references on homeostatic systems and how
they relate to evolution/and or emotion?  Just email me at
meissner at cns.bu.edu.

		Thanks
			Karl