Migraine Relief - Pressure Point Methods

Foot C footc at aol.com
Tue Nov 22 00:25:21 EST 1994

In article <3anrmb$t0k at ixnews1.ix.netcom.com>, Scheinuk at ix.netcom.com
(JACK SCHEINUK) writes:

>I recall reading about pressure points which on application of pressure
>relieved pains of one or another type.

>I think I recall that it was an Oriental method.

>Can anyone advise if this application can give relief to migraine
>sufferers and where I can find information of the method?

I'm not sure what you are referring to but we do foot reflexology and get
a fair amount of results  with migraines. Pressure to the feet and/ or
hands causes a change in tonus which may affect a migraine. (warming the
hands to effect migranes- Menninger Foundation?) It could be the
adjustment of muscle/tendon organ dynamics to incoming proprioceptive
input which "interferes" with the ongoing stress patterns.
The receptive fields in the feet are quite effective in resetting the
background tone. Migranes must be effected by these levels?

Kevin Kunz