3D neuroanatomy software sought

Veda Larson vlarson at jeeves.ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 21 23:56:24 EST 1994

I would like opinions on which is the best available software for
teaching human neuroanatomy, emphasizing the 3-dimensional relationships
of brain structures.  I have looked at several programs exhibited at
the neurosciences meeting and those already at our computer center, and
found Brainstorm to be the most impressive.  Most of the programs really
don't seem to offer a lot more than a good atlas -- the images are 2-D
sections/photographs and don't take advantage of the computer's capacity
for 3-D image manipulation.  What I have in mind might emulate a plastic
model, but would be more accessible/affordable.  Thanks for your help.
--
Veda Larson
veda at ucsd.edu