EEG and human orgasm

chris hickie chickie at biomed.med.yale.edu
Mon Nov 21 23:10:43 EST 1994

In article <BILL.94Nov20154108 at ca3.nsma.arizona.edu>,
bill at nsma.arizona.edu (Bill Skaggs) wrote:

> One of the most fascinating papers I have ever read is "Pleasure and
> brain activity in man: deep and surface electroencephalograms during
> orgasm", by R. G. Heath, J Nervous and Mental Disease 154:3-17
> (1972).  More recent studies exist, of course, but surprisingly few of
> them, and they aren't nearly as interesting.  This is a topic that has
> drawn very little attention relative to its importance.

An issue (within the last year or so--there was a picture of two lizards
copulating on the cover, among other things) of the Journal of NIH
Research discussed the lack of papers in this area of research.  If I
remember
correctly, one problem is that institutions are very uncomfortable
with studies where a second person is needed to provide the necessary
stimulation to the subject.