separation of vesicles

Thu Nov 24 22:10:44 EST 1994

Dear Pam,

There has been a small amount of literature on the effects of temperature
gradients across an embryo on its development. That's a much more
complicated system, but your proposed work might provide some insights
for it, or vice versa:

Dean, J.L., M.E. Shaw & M.A. Tazelaar (1928). The effect of a temperature
gradient on the early development of the frog. Br. J. Exp. Biol.  5,
309-336.

Gilchrist, F.G. (1928). The effect of a horizontal temperature gradient
on the development of the egg of the urodele, Triturus torosus. Physiol.
Zool.  1(2), 231-268.

Glade, R.W., E.M. Burrill & R.J. Falk (1967). The influence of a
temperature gradient on bilateral symmetry in Rana pipiens. Growth  31,
231-249.

Huxley, J.S. (1927). The modification of development by means of
temperature gradients. Wilhelm Roux' Arch. Entwicklungsmechanik  112,
480-516.

I've collected these old references, but haven't obtained the papers. In
exchange for the information, if you dig them out, how about sending me a
copy?

Best regards,
-Dick Gordon[Nov24,94]
Dr. Richard Gordon
Professor, Department Of Radiology, University of Manitoba
Room ON104, Health Sciences Centre, 820 Sherbrook Street
Winnipeg, MB R3A 1R9 Canada
Phone: (204) 787-1076,  Fax: (204) 783-8565,  E-mail: GordonR at cc.UManitoba.ca