ligand binding analysis software

Steven J. Mcclue sjm at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 28 04:39:51 EST 1994

In article <towersn.5.000EA4C4 at agresearch.cri.nz>, towersn at agresearch.cri.nz (Neale R Towers, Toxinology and Food Safety Research) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Anyone out there know of good (cheap) software for analysis of ligand binding
> data - Scatchard plots, Ka's etc etc. Only one I have heard is LIGAND written
> 1980 in BASIC.  Does anyone run this? Know where to get a listing?

You should contact peter munson at the DCRT/NIH. His address is:
munson at helix.nih.gov

He will direct you to the person who sends out LIGAND. It comes with a comprehensive manual, and is available in Mac and PC formats. It is free, but it might take a little while to get to NZ! If you use a mac, there is also a shareware program called MacCurveFit, which is good if you know the equation of the curve you need to fit.

> Thanks to anyone who can help :->

You're welcome.

Steve