Barriers in Neuroscience?

jeffrey brown gabbard jbgabbar at ucs.indiana.edu
Wed Jun 7 21:43:39 EST 1995

As for "educating the public about science", I have no answers, but I do
have concerns. I saw a show on PBS about "scientific creationism". (a REAL
oxymoron) Anyway these people want to try and "prove" that the earth is
only 6000 years old, evolution never occured, and the Grand Canyon was
formed in a matter of weeks.  As if that isn't spooky enough, in some
communities school boards are wanting to teach these ideas along side
accepted scientific ideas.  How do you educate these people about science?