Looking for event recorder programs

COLLEEN M. SPECHT v102nq9f at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Thu Jun 8 15:42:54 EST 1995

In article <95159.115010U60376 at uicvm.uic.edu>, Bill Struthers <U60376 at uicvm.uic.edu> writes:
>I am currently working on a study in which I will need to record the onset
>time, frequency and duration of up to 20 seperate behaviors for an indefinate
>period.  Does anyone know if there is such a program available via ftp or
>through a comercial dealer.  I could write it myself, but my programming is
>old, I don't exactly have a lot of time and there is no sense in trying to
>reinvent the wheel if something already exists.  Any information would be
>sincerely appretiated.

hi bill,

i think i can help you, but not at the immediate time.  i have a friend who has
published an article or two on a program he wrote to do just this for long term
observation in rats (his programming is very good).

(i just don't have those references or his e-mail address at present).

i can put you in touch with him if you like - please e-mail if you are
interested!

colleen specht