Looking for event recorder programs

Wise Young wisey at nyc.pipeline.com
Mon Jun 12 23:32:08 EST 1995

In article <95159.115010U60376 at uicvm.uic.edu>, Bill Struthers writes:

>I am currently working on a study in which I will need to record the onset

>time, frequency and duration of up to 20 seperate behaviors for an
indefinate
>period.  Does anyone know if there is such a program available via ftp or
>through a comercial dealer.  I could write it myself, but my programming
is
>old, I don't exactly have a lot of time and there is no sense in trying to

>reinvent the wheel if something already exists.  Any information would be
>sincerely appretiated.

Vernier Software sells a Universal Lab Interface package for Mac which
includes an "Event Timer Software (for use with phogrates), data logger
software"  The package includes a microprocessor (8032) based board which
has 256 byte RAM, four 8-bit ports, and three 16-bit timers, 8k RAM for
data storage, an 10-bit A/D converter, four resistive inputs, two Schmitt
trigger inputs, two digital output ports, and serial communication that
connects to the Mac printer port at 38.4kbaud.   Their address is 2920 S.W.
89th St., Portland, OR 97225, 503-297-5317, fax: 503--297-1760, emaill:
308-3077 at MCImail.com, applelink: Vernier.  The package is $350 inclusive of
hardware and software.

Wise