CBS News: Negative ion therapy for depression / anxiety

Daniel Stapleton DanielS at ic.net
Thu Jun 15 15:53:42 EST 1995

Hello all,

On 2/14/95 CBS Evening News with Connie Chung, Dr. Bob Arnot did a story
about negative ions and their effect on mood.  They talked about a study
done at Columbia University where exposure to a high density negative ion
generator was as effective in treating winter depression as medication.

I became very interested because I have suffered from depression and
anxiety for years, and I did extensive research on negative ions.  In
doing the research, I found that negative ion generators are not only
therapeutic for winter depression, but also have shown to be useful for
regular depression, anxiety, irritability, etc.  So I bought a small, high
density generator and it has given me substantial relief from my
symptoms.

I also found a newspaper article discussing the fact that computer
monitors emit positive ions - the opposite of negative ions.  In the
article, a consultant to the FDA says that computer monitors give off
large amounts of positive ions and can actually cause depression, stress,
fatigue, etc. in people who sit in front of computers a lot - like all of
us Netters - and that we need negative ion replenishment.

If any of you would like me to e-mail you a transcript of the CBS news
story, the newspaper article, as well as the other research that I have
found, just e-mail me at DanielS at ic.net.

-dan