soccer and brain damage

Ronald Petrarca nor at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Fri Jun 16 14:58:59 EST 1995

     Does anyone know anything about the subtle brain injuries which
occur as a result of "heading" a soccer ball. I read something pertaining
to this subject a few years ago in a study of Norwegian soccer players.
How do the injuries occur? How well do the skull and cerebrospinal fluid
protect the brain from repeated yet minor blows to the head?
     I am very interested in this subject, and I would greatly appreciate
any help. Feel free to write as much as you like!!!!

               Ron Petrarca