Effect of Pento on Glycinergic transmission

Didier A. Depireux didier at eng.umd.edu
Mon Jun 19 11:05:42 EST 1995

I was wondering whether anyone knew the effect of Pentobarbital on
Glycinergic inhibition. I know that Pento facilitates GABA binding, and
I know of the homology btw the GABA and the Gly receptors, but that's
not enough to state that pento acts equally on the GABA and the Gly
receptors. I could only find one paper that mentions the effects of Pento and
that's the review by Nicoll in Handbook of Psychopharmacology, 1978 (and
references therein), but it's about an experiment way down in the spinal cord
(and it's an old experiment...). Surely someone must have looked at the effect
of pento on Gly receptors in the mid-brain?

						Didier
						didier at src.umd.edu