mechanical disturbances and brain

Laura Margulies lmarguli at nova.umuc.edu
Mon Jun 19 14:48:12 EST 1995

Ronald Petrarca (nor at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu) wrote:
:      Does anyone have any information pertaining to the skull's and
: cerebrospinal fluid's ability to shield the brain from mechanical
: disturbances? I am especially interested in knowing if their is a
: threshhold below which all mechanical vibrations are dampened! In other
: words, do minor very minor mechanical disturbances have an effect on the
: brain?
:
I have researched the literature on minor head trauma, and though I
cannot comment on the dampening effect of CSF, I can comment on g forces
in general. My e mail address is lmarguli at nova.umuc.edu.