HXPOXIA

Michael D Zaborowski mzaborow at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jun 21 09:04:43 EST 1995

On May 31 my 11 year old had a full cardiac arrest from a severe myocardia
infection we were unaware of prior to her softball game. After two weeks her
heart infection had amazingly left for the most part, and is functioning near
normal. We know minutes w/o O. is critical. She received good CPR right away
from coaches, a life flight off duty medic ran over and directed the CPR after
two minutes, the medics arrived in six minutes after the call. It took three
charges to restart her, the last with Lidocaine.

She now waits for recovery. Initially had some words in ICU. Second CT showed
minor swelling. Active but "slowing" EEG. She at three weeks has eyes open,
attends visually on command, laughs at family stories from the past, has no
motor coordination or language yet. HELP Our neuro's say we can only wait, IS
THIS TRUE, ARE THERE ANY ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS, EXPERIMENTAL TREATMENTS?

PLEASE HELP US, WE ARE DESPERATE FOR KNOWLEDGE.     Mike Zaborowski