Virtual reality and physical rehab

nancy nancyw at sam.neosoft.com
Thu Jun 22 13:34:56 EST 1995

In article <3sbv03$a9k at newsbf02.news.aol.com> dennisa623 at aol.com (DennisA623) writes:
>From: dennisa623 at aol.com (DennisA623)
>Subject: Virtual reality and physical rehab
>Date: 22 Jun 1995 10:33:39 -0400

>I work in the physical rehab field and have been wondering about the
>application of VR technology in assisting people in re-learning to use
>their body. Is anyone using this technology in this way or have
>suggestions where I can look?

We are in the late development phase of a virtual kitchen for our brain injury
clients here.  While it won't be used so much for actual physical re-training,
it will work on placement of self within the environment, safety issues, etc.
Our main focus is the cognitive re-training necessary for the
development of independent ADL skills.  We should have a model ready in about
a month.

N.

***Little girls in pink wheelchairs RULE***