Neuronal Tracing DiI

Elizabeth Stepien estepien at uniwa.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 21 00:43:30 EST 1995

Does anyone out there use DiI and/or DiA for neuronal tracing in fixed
tissue.  I am using both and am interested in other peopleÕs methods.
Any chemists outhere how would you speed the diffusion process of these
lipophillic dyes down myelin or axonal membrane?  I have tried heat- 37C
and a silicone base for application.
I would be most grateful for ANY suggestions and or comments.
Thanks awfully,
Elizabeth
email : estepien at uniwa.uwa.edu.au