chronic pain covering the head and face. Cannot sleep. Tinnitus.

Jochen Anderer anderer at Laden3.ilk.de
Wed Jun 21 08:07:07 EST 1995

Please help me:

I am desperately looking for a medical treatment wich could help in case of
chronic pain. I am 34 years old and for the past two years have suffered from
Tinnitus both left and right. The Tinnitus is combined with neuralgic-similar
pains ( false perception, stabbing, "ant-crawling" sensations) covering the
entire left side of the head and beeing concentrated strongest in the left
ear.The tinnitus-symptoms are more severe on the left side of the head and the
Audiogram is slightly worse on the left as on the right.
Up to now all normal treatments have been ineffective:
attemts to affect the blood supply, nerve-blockades( including
Stellatum-Blockade, Paracervicale Selectie Rezeptoren Blockade), TENS, pain
killers (also morphine-based), treatments for the neck and vertebrae,
chirotherapy, acupuncture, homeopathic medicine, Biofeedback, psychotherapy
etc.
---all were useless. Various Antidepressive, for example Carbamazepine, have
also had no effect whatever. Kernspintomographic, AEP and EEG are totally
inconspicuous.
The agony and pain are so extreme that I can hardly sleep at all. I am
psychically and mentally totally exhausted and at the end of my means. I would
be most thankful for a response from you as soon as possible.

              Yours Sincerely
                  J.A.