Long Range Synchronization

Brian Thiel/Lois Henry-Thiel thielbl at primenet.com
Sat Jun 24 23:55:02 EST 1995

herwin at gmu.edu (Harry Erwin) wrote:

>At short range, EEG synchronization appears to involve modulation of
>neuron spiking times in response to pattern classification processing. Are
>there mechanisms (reafference of some sort? or phase modulation) that
>might be able to make this happen at long range?

People whom I have spoken with in the circle known as the Society for
the Study of Neuronal Regulation, SSNR, have studied things like you
may be looking for.   Two names come quickly to mind:  Les Fehmi,
Princeton, NJ, and Jim Hardt, San Francisco, CA.  Certainly there are
others, too.

BTW, how far is "long range?"

--Brian