brain mitochondria and energy

Stéphane MOTTIN mottin at univ-st-etienne.fr
Wed Jun 28 04:25:17 EST 1995

Dear netserfers of neurosciences,

I would like to know if somebody had any references about - differences of
neuron and glie mitochondria, specially on oxidative metabolism, - the
distibution of mitochondria in the whole brain, - the ratio between the two
main brain work: active transports, biosynthesis, - regulation between
lactate and pyruvate pathways (AcoA).

I am looking for brain mitochondrial mass, "surface and volume estimates"
in animals.

Please email me directely, I will be give a summary later.

Thanks in advance

Stephane MOTTIN
CNRS URA 842
MOTTIN at univ-st-etienne.fr