About the amino acid analysis by HPLC

Raymond Chang raymond.chang at icf.med.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Jun 28 01:48:52 EST 1995

To all of you:

  Some time ago there was a question about the microdialysis. One
response gave list of reference, but I think it is easy to find out some
reference from the library. The problem is the real practical experience.
After microdialysis, the analysis is going to HPLC. I tried several times
to run even a single amino acid sample and discovered there was a change
of the retention time. Also, the area of the peak seems cannot give a
linear relationship of the sample concentration. Can someone here give me
some advice what is the problem of my case? In adddition, can someone give
me the protocol of the gradient and the flow rate? Secondly, there are
several commercial amino acid standard availiable but it does not contain
taurine, is there any standard including taurine? Thank you for any
suggestion and help.

Raymond, Chuen-Chung CHANG
Institute for Surgical Research,
University of Munich,