Rabbit plasma and PTT

Thomas P. Ahern tahern at moose.uvm.edu
Wed Jun 28 20:08:16 EST 1995

	If anyone could either help me or steer me in the right
direction, I'd be grateful.  Here's the problem:
	I'm running activated partial thromboplastin times on rabbit
plasma and control plasmas.  Values for the control plasmas are always
within accepted ranges for humans as they should be.  The values for
rabbit plasma on th PTT test are HIGH (in the 80's and 90's as opposed to
the normal range of 25-35).
	PT's for the rabbits are within a range of
6-8 seconds, which is lower than normal.  Several reagents have been
tried in case of chemical incompatibility and have given no real clues as
to what is going on.  The latest reagent I tried used ellagic acid as the
activator and was actin-based.  The others were either derived from
bovines or from rabbit brain phospholipids.  Can anyone help?