Chick Neuronal cultures

Gail Perez perezg at essex.UCHSC.edu
Thu Feb 1 20:11:35 EST 1996

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Mr D.J.A. Wilson wrote:

> Hi!
> I am trying to study expression of a protein in vitro on chick neurons but I
> haven't been able to find many reliable culture protocols so if anyone out
> there is culturing embryonic or adult chick neurons from any CNS/PNS area
> please drop me a line.
>
> Thanks
>
> David Wilson
>
>I have some experience with chick ciliary ganglion neuronal cultures.
 I have had the most success with protocols similar to those described
 in Nishi and Berg, PNAS, 1977 with some modifications.
 Instead of plyornithine or collagen, I use Matrigel
  to coat the culture dishes. This seems to help immensely in
 maintaining healthy, robust cells and neurites for prolonged
periods.

Gail Perez > >