Neuroscience Postdocs

Dr. Mark Black black at sgi1.fels.temple.edu
Mon Feb 5 05:17:50 EST 1996

Postdoctoral Positions in Neuroscience
Two positions available to study the neuronal cytoskeleton and
neuronal morphogenesis.  Our work attempts to define the mechanisms
that establish the cytoskeleton during axon growth.  Toward this
end, we combine microinjection of tagged cytoskeletal proteins and
digital image analysis to examine the transport and assembly of
cytoskeletal elements in growing neurons. A second project examines
functional specializations of cytoskeletal proteins in axonal and
dendritic growth using antibody injection approaches. Additional
information regarding the research activities of my lab can be
obtained on the World Wide Web at
http://astro.ocis.temple.edu/~marino/Black.html.  Previous research
experience in neuroscience or the cytoskeleton is strongly
preferred.   Interested individuals should send curriculum vitae,
statement of research experience, and the names and phone numbers of
three references to: Dr. Mark M. Black, Department of Anatomy and
Cell Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
19140.  FAX: 215-707 2966.  E-mail: black at sgi1.fels.temple.edu