relationship between Dia and conduction Velocity

Dong-Sik Park rehabdr at soback.kornet.nm.kr
Wed Feb 7 02:07:41 EST 1996

Samit <sc203 at cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>Does anyone know about the realtionship between the external/ internal
>diameter and the conduction velocity of a myelinated nerve.
>Could you mail me the info or atleast point me in the right direction.
>Thanks
>Samit

Factors determining conduction velocity are diameter, myelination,
temperature & Age.
The larger the diameter, the faster the conduction.
The relationship between fibe diameter and conduction velocity is
shown to be 6m/sec/um (micrometer) for relatively large-diameter
myelinated mammalian nerve fiber.