Music and Brain

Paulette L. Motzko motzko at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 9 10:24:56 EST 1996

Dear Michael,
I'm not a doctor and probably haven't don't the type of research you're
interested in, but I have supporting evidence which comes from "life
experience".
I have had catamenial epilepsy for 25 years and music has aided in
using visualization and imagery techniques which help me cope when I
have non-stop auras.  (On a not-so-hot-day I can have up to 50 auras
within a few hours!)
I've never been hooked up to diagnostic tests when listening to music
to watch the change in my brain wave patterns, but I'm sure it would be
enlightening.
Good luck on your research!  We need more people in the medical fields
doing research on things like that.  There is so much about the brain
we don't understand; the closer we become to it's many complexities,
the closer we'll find medical remedies for the countless disorders on
this earth.  Pills don't cure everything.
If I can help in any way-I'm here.
Paulette Motzko,
Director of the Epilepsy Foundation of Orange County