Query: Dendritic Networks

Paul Bush paul at phy.ucsf.edu
Tue Feb 13 16:24:40 EST 1996

In article <4fgb2i$sk at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, kspencer at s.psych.uiuc.edu (Kevin Spencer) writes:
|> paul at phy.ucsf.edu (Paul Bush) writes:

|> >This job (writing a comprehensive, objective review) would be a fulltime
|> >occupation for each subfield in Neuroscience. But it certainly would be helpful.
|> >I have often thought that Neuroscience would benefit more from hiring people to
|> >do this job than hiring a few more experimentalists.
|>
|> You might want to check out the Annual Review of Neuroscience.

This journal contains reviews written by prominent people in the field,
often selectively highlighting their own work or work of others
supporting their position. While they are often informative, they are not quite
the objective, comprehensive (including ALL work in field, evaluating the worth
of the results) that I had in mind. This type of review would have to be
continually updated to be useful, a state-of-the-art reference for each subfield.