References for dependencies in statistics of spike trains?

Charles Schmitt schmitt at cs.unc.edu
Tue Feb 13 09:30:26 EST 1996

Can anyone suggest what would be good review articles or book (chapters)
describing how measured postsynaptic spike trains have been observed
to be dependent on presynaptic spike trains.  What I'm searching for
is to strengthen my knowledge of what statistical measures of spike trains,
such as mean frequency, inter-spike interval, etc..., have been used
to describe postsynaptic spike trains and how these statistics have any
observed dependency on the same presynaptic statistics.   I'm particularly
interested in such observed dependencies in visual cortex.

Thanks, Charlie.