Perception of Gloss and Matt reflection

Peter Robinson Peter at oimsdnp.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 03:22:05 EST 1996

So I stirred a hornets nest eh?

If I made any mistake, it was perhaps in misinterpreting the original
posters description of 'perception of 3D' with 'seeing' 3D.

Of course we can 'perceive' 3D by a number of means, but to 'see' it,
you need two eyes. If you don't believe me, look at a 3D object and
close one eye. You still know the object has depth because you know
from experience that it has, but you can't 'see' it.

--
Peter

Peter at oimsdnp.demon.co.uk
Peter.Robinson at oxinst.co.uk