brain anatomy and photographic memory?

Bill Skaggs bill at nsma.arizona.edu
Sun Feb 25 22:18:15 EST 1996

Matthew Taylor <mjt1008 at hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:
   > I'm not sure if photographic memory as such is actually recognised
   > as a phenomenon, if by that you mean actual ability to preserve visual
   > images in memory accurately and easily.

It is indeed a recognized phenomenon, and a substantial amount of
study has been devoted to it.  You can find a few paragraphs on this
topic in most introductory cognitive psych. textbooks, in the memory
section.  I'm not aware of any research relating this to the
structures of brains, but it isn't really my area.

	-- Bill