Parkinsons & ECT

JSDelfiner jsdelfiner at eworld.com
Mon Feb 26 21:08:39 EST 1996

There was a paper published years ago in the Arch. of Phys.Med. and Rehab.
by Levy, Savit et al. (I don't recall the exact citiation) which claimed
to have had temporary remission of Parkinsonian symptoms after ECT for
concomitant depression.  I believe that there have been several other
individual case reports over the years but no systematic investigation and
no large retrospective studies.