Your opinion requested: Who makes good cryostats?

Grant W. Balkema grant at darkstar.bc.edu
Sun Feb 25 18:32:22 EST 1996

I've had a 2800 Frigocut for about 8 years, no problems beautiful
instrument. One thing to consider, different cyrostats have different
cutting paths. For instance the Bright/Hacker was pivoted in the rear
and thus cut through an arc. The Reichart/Leica's specimen slides
parallel to blade on a track. It's important if you do quantitative work
on big sections...grant balkema

Grant Balkema
Biology Dept.
Boston College