Natural anti-depresent?

Alan Bedard allin at wolfe.net
Tue Feb 27 17:34:59 EST 1996

Are there any known naturally formed anti-depresents formed in the brain/body as a
result of regular sexual activity?  Since my wife went into the hospital 3 1/2
years ago, I've been suffering milde to moderate depression.  I thought it was
just a result of the wory for my wife and being alone, but the prognosis is good,
and she should be coming home within a year, but still I have been depressed. I
finally asked my doctor to perscribe some anti-depresents, and even a little works
wonders.  I can actually function again.  Now I wonder, could the active sex life
that my wife and I shared have be producing a natural anti-depresent that I now
have to replace with medication, and when we are living together again, might I
not need the medication?