cerebellum and language?

Kevin Spencer kspencer at s.psych.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 28 17:06:59 EST 1996

Shan <s_bentz at hamlet.uncg.edu> writes:

>I recently read [somewhere] that the cerebellum perhaps plays a more
>integral role in language and "higher" cognitive functions than it has
>traditionally been given credit for <ooops, prep. at end of sentence...>
>Has anyone got any ideas or info on this?

>Many thanks,
>scb

I read a blurb on this in the March issue of Scientific American.  I
don't remember the researcher's name, though.  It supports the work
by Courchesne et al. that links cerebellar degeneration with autism.
Does anyone have references on this topic?

Kevin
Kevin Spencer
Cognitive Psychophysiology Laboratory and Beckman Institute
kspencer at p300.cpl.uiuc.edu / kspencer at psych.uiuc.edu