IUBio

D.E.A. studiente looking for light ....

perroy perroyj at CRIT2.UNIV-MONTP2.FR
Tue Jun 2 02:47:15 EST 1998

Hello,

I am undergraduate french studient. Among the other exams that lead (or
not) to PhD grant, I must sate up a research project. This project must be
original, feasible but will stay fictitious and won't be my thesis'subject.
Since I find molecular studies of rhythmic phenomena very exciting, I'd
like to turn my research onto the molecular events induced by light. But my
problem is that there are many interesting points that remain to be studied
and I would like to have a few tips. So I ask your advice: what is the more
attractive way ?
  - Searching for light induced IEGs'targets.
  -Implication of serotoninergic transmission in light induced circadian
behavioral responses (towards an experimental model of "Seasonal Affective
Disorder")
  -What do you think about extraocular photoreceptors ? (see Campbell and
Murphy. Science; vol.279: 396-399; "Extraocular Circadian Phototransduction
in Humans")

I thank you to give me good advices.