emotions and chemicals in the brain

M.J. Stillman stillman at dendwriteNoSpAm.com
Thu Apr 1 23:35:59 EST 1999

In article <7dm3g7$bo2$1 at mtinsc02.worldnet.att.net>,
kenneth.grant at worldnet.att.net says...
> Does anyone know of anyone good articles online that suggest possible links
> between emotions and biochemicals? LIke when someone feels love, are there
> specific chemicals in the brain that become elevated?

Oxytocin, endorphins, and vomeronasal organs...oh my!

The following URL might be good:
http://emotion.salk.edu/Emotion/EmoRes/Neuro/Sub.html

Also, this one looks really silly, but has some basic info on the
relationship between love and A&P (moreso the anatomy):
http://whyfiles.news.wisc.edu/033love/index.html

I'm sure there are better URLs, but these are at least places to
start.

HTH,
Mike