Unusual Child Problem: Pulling hair out

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 4 22:25:22 EST 1999

I'm not surprised at the dog letting out a howl initially, nor about
his eventually relaxing with the restoration of an important
relationship.  I suppose Janov would say the dog relaxed BECAUSE he let
out a howl.  Surely you do not believe this.

re Lorenz in general: fascinating observations, but not always the best
interpretations; see T.C. Scheirla et al. (Danny Lehrman, Jay
Rosenblatt, Ethel Tobach)) for a somewhat different approach.

For every old lady who was relieved of a physical ailment after Primal
Screaming, there is no doubt at least one other who was not; and yet
another who was releived of a physical ailment WITHOUT Primal
Screaming.  Snake oil salesman exploit favorable coincidences, ignore
others.

A clock that has stopped completely will be EXACTLY right twice a day.

F. LeFever