Bilingual Brains

Cijadrachon cijadra at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sun Apr 4 09:10:37 EST 1999

> ... and WHERE I went on about some other what/where stuff,

>You are unable to write a coherent sentence (while on drugs?).
Depends on the drugs and the amount, but so far I'd say the concussion
was better than nearly any drug load I recall.
Before I was better on high amounts of LSD than afterwards sober.
With some sentences you might not be able to follow the contents
because you are sense censored and can't follow texts to do with magic
well, and then might try to find the reasons that you do not
understand elsewhere.

>You might want to try a comparison with sober communication and see if that does not
>meet your needs better.

Depends on the needs and what I want to communicate about and to whom.

Magic commmunications I prefer on "autist" stages on LSD (preferably
with telepaths who don't mind me on autist stages), in other words
stages where for long times verbal communication can be zero.
Verbal communications I often prefer in my language
with people from Berlin of a similar generation and attitudes.
If I want to be sober there or not depends on the other person and
what the whole is about.

I assume that short of totally drunk or zarked out on a micro
I'd still be ways better in verbal communication in my language with
others who are alike, then sober as a brick in an alien language with
someone of a different culture.

Try it stoned in your language with someone of your language
and sober in a few others where you are not that good
with people of that language, and watch how much you can express how
well and the rate of mistakes.Then you might get what I mean.

(Apart from that I do not exclude that I was pretty sober when I wrote
that one. Since a concussion it tends to play more a role if I bother
to read the text again and how tired I am.)