Extraterrestrials: A modern folklore

wetboy wetboy at shore.net
Tue Apr 6 12:04:43 EST 1999

In sci.physics F. Frank LeFever <flefever at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

: In what way am I "dead wrong"?  I offered two alternative possibilities
: as to what your intended meaning was.  For one alternative, "jealous"
: is appropriate; for the other, "envious".  Only you can know for sure
: what your intended meaning was,

Nonsense.  The definition you're confusing the normal meaning of
"jealous" with is the fifth one down in the Random House unabridged
dictionary, second edition.  That dictionary lists the most common
meaning of a word first, and progresses downward toward the least
common meaning.  Do you always work so hard at being obtuse?

-- Wetboy

< your irrelevant self-puffery snipped >