a prediction confirmed

ken collins kenpc at banet.net
Sat Apr 10 00:21:55 EST 1999

hi, John.

John wrote:

> ken collins wrote in message <370D510A.5A41C220 at banet.net>...

[...]

> There is, nor will there ever be, a "final understanding". We just don't
> think like that.

i don't disagree that it's not been the case thus far, and i
don't claim "final understanding"... just the beginning of the
understanding that'll endure, and of which i've already verified
our species is capable.

i've real Hope for all people, everywhere, John... and part of my
hope for myself is that i'll, one day, be able to have a nice,
long holiday in Austrailia. i'm sure there must be some that
would, but i've never met an Aussie that didn't cause my heart to
sing a bit... it's something about the ability to live and let
live.

as for America, the image i still have was formed in my
Childhood... after my naivete was dissipated, i found Lincoln,
and, lo and behold, the Childhood stuff was sustained.

since the Viet Nam war, though, there's been a sinister side
that's gained ascendency, though... currently, "america" is
doen-right crazed with "profits"... while the various markets are
"breaking records", destitute, beaten-down, and forsaken folks
are having what little sustenance that formerly came to them,
from the depths of an Honorable Societal conscience, taken away
from them... i can't tell you how such rents my spirit.

but i'll also tell you it's going to turn around... there'll be
Joy in the end.

cheers, John, ken

cheers, ken

[...]