the homunculus

Lionel Bonnetier leo at remove-this-anti-spam.easynet.fr
Tue Apr 13 14:41:12 EST 1999

John wrote:

>Isn't mathematics dualism by subterfuge?

Help! I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Do you mean our discovering and exploring this very self-consistent system
makes an illusion of a separate world (Platonist or something like that?)

For me Mathematics are very good for analysing some kinds of relatively
simple phenomena, but they can't beat wider mind abilities, or computer
simulations.

-Lionel