re- Braindamage due to lack of oxygen

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 13 19:29:27 EST 1999

Chuck--

You give me more credit than I deserve.  Really had in mind only the
vague (false?) memory of having seen N2O effects discussed in terms of
possible NO activity, and implicitly I thought in terms of NO
derivation from N20, which Alan quite convincingly argues against.

However, an effect mediated by controls on NOS activity would be
interesting, now that you mention it!

F. LeFever

In <ez0TYfVh#GA.307 at upnetnews03> "Chuck Kristensen"
<CKristensen at email.msn.com> writes:

>Dr. Alan Wheatley wrote in message ...
>>What Frank is suggesting seems unlikely.
>>
>>N2O + H2O Π2NO + 2H+      deltaE = - 1.59 V, deltaG = + 307 kJ/mol
>>
>>To convert nitrous oxide to nitric oxide, it would have to be coupled
with
>>a reaction that could provide more than 307 kJ/mol of free energy.
It