A brainstorm for Cijadrachon

venus uzynski venuski at swbell.net
Fri Apr 16 16:36:29 EST 1999

Hi All,

I just can't take it anymore...I've been following this thread for a
while...and everytime I look at the name of the thread I'm reminded of
this dynamite novel by Richard Dooling.  It's called _Brain Storm_ and
it's a legal thriller (the author used to be an attorney).

To give you a little flavor of what it's about (this is taken from the
jacket):

"Rachel tells Watson that free will is a fiction:  'There's not much
you can do about it if you're biologically  predisposed to violence or
sexual misbehavior.  You just have to make the best of it and try not
to get caught.'"

I've really enjoyed Dooling's novels so far.  My favorite is called
_White Man's Grave_, but _Critical Care_ is also good -- and you can
even find the video at Blockbuster's.

While I've never met Mr. Dooling myself, he *is* the friend of a
friend of mine (honest!) and comes highly recommended. ;-)

I give _Brain Storm_ two thumbs up and suggest you check it out if
you're on the look out for an interesting -- and entertaining --
novel.

Whew.

I just had to say that.

Enjoy,