Ideal document size

Arthur T. Murray uj797 at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Apr 16 21:31:00 EST 1999

Dustin Voss (agent at siu.edu) wrote on Fri, 16 Apr 1999:

> In article <37155ccf.0 at news.victoria.tc.ca>, uj797 at victoria.tc.ca
> (Arthur T. Murray) wrote:

>> For memetic purposes -- to send out a "virus of the mind" -- BTW
>> you are infected now -- the ideal document size is ONE SCREENFUL:
>>
>>   /^^^^^^^^^^^\ Mind-grid Arrays{ } in Robot PDAI /^^^^^^^^^^^\
>>  /visual memory\                   _________     /  auditory   \
>> |      /--------|---------\       / LANG-UK \   |   memory      |
>> |      |  recog-|nition   |       \_________/---|-------------\ |
>> |   ___|___     |         | flush-vector|       |   ________  | |
>> |  /image  \    |     ____V_        ____V__     |  /        \ | |
>> | / percept \   |    /psi{ }\------/ uk{ } \----|-/ ear{ }   \| |
>> | \ engrams /---|---/concepts\----/ lexicon \---|-\ phonemes /  |
>> |  \_______/    |   \________/    \_________/   |  \________/   |
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/hci.html is a PDAI URL
>> of the DIY AI step where you design your own Human-Computer Inter-
>> face except that the computer is deveniently smarter than you are.
                                   (incipiently -- should have said)
> You know, everytime I see one of these ASCII diagrams, I cringe...
> I still have horrible nightmares about Mentifex.

> -- Agent

Good agents are hard to find.  (The foregoing is a double entendre
and Dustin Voss is a double agent, because he propagates the meme.)

If you were a geologist in the early nineteen sixties, you did not
dare risk your career by asserting the ridiculous notion that con-
tinents could move -- in a process later known as plate tectonics.

"Dos moi pou sto kai kino ten gen" was Archimedes' form of plate
tectonics:  "Give me a place to stand and I will move the Earth."

The Mentifex ASCII mind tectonics diagrams have all been assigned
to their ideal document role in the series of steps to DIY AI at
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/acm.html "The Art of
Computer Mindmaking."

Persons wishing to make a Marshall-McLuhanesque name for themselves
in HCI (human-computer interface/interactions) will please consider
approaching the best and the brightest of their truly nerdish and
viciously malcontent, lost-to-the-world hacker-level programmeroids
and taunting them with the once-in-two-millenniums PDAI challenge.