the homunculus

Malcolm McMahon malcolm at pigsty.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 14:19:32 EST 1999

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:20:46 GMT, cijadra at zedat.fu-berlin.de
(Cijadrachon) wrote:

>>Is someone who's _nature_ it is serve a slave because they serve?
>
>Where do you have that one from, the Southern Staates in Northern
>America a few centuries back, when going on about people from Africa?

Sorry, your English is almost impossible to follow.

But the last point is comprehensible.

No, the problem with historical slavery is that it is _not_ the nature
of the people enslaved to serve, therefore there's a conflict between
their nature and the situation they are forced into.

AIs will have no nature we do not give them. If they take over the world
it will be because that is what, perhaps implicitly, we have programmed
them to do.