materialism and all that

Matt Nuiver mttnvr at dordt.edu
Mon Apr 19 21:29:10 EST 1999

Why is talk of religion such a problem or"crutch" for some of you. Where
would we be in science today without the thoughts of such great
Christian Thinkers such as Newton, Kepler, and many others. Scientific
discovery is fueled and led through religious and philosophical thought.
Without the ponderer, without the thinker, experiments do not happen.
There is room for talk of the soul in the realm of the scientific, if we
are to truly see why there is a need for the human body to attribute
such qualities to a soul. This is how the mind works, but more
importantly, this is how God works. It would be ignorant for any
scientist to seperarate the realm of science from everything else. All
things are intertwined, thus we can not separate science from everything
else, including religion. Any and all responses are welcomed, as long as
they are somewhat rational, and fair to what i have said!

--
Matt Nuiver (mttnvr at dordt.edu)